On August 27th at about 1:27 am, a victim was driving his vehicle in the area of Third Street and Zachary Padilla Avenue in the city of Azusa. The victim was followed by a dark green or dark blue 2000 to 2010 Chevrolet or GMC full size pick-up truck to Virginia Avenue. The victim drove north on Virginia Avenue, then east on Foothill Boulevard, with the truck still following him.
The victim drove to the Azusa Police Department's station at 725 N. Alameda Avenue. However, prior to arriving at the station, the truck rammed the back of the victim's vehicle on 3 separate occasions. The truck fled from the area before officers were on scene.
The driver of the truck is described as a Hispanic male, about 40 years of age and about 180 pounds. He is bald and has numerous tattoos on his arms. There should be some form of damage or marks on the front of the suspect's truck.
If you know the identity of this suspect, or any information about the truck, please contact Detective Chris Franks at (626) 812-3200. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can click on the "Anonymous Tip" logo at the top of our website.
Crime Prevention/Safety Tips
In the event you find yourself being followed in your vehicle, or you become the victim of a road rage incident, please remember these important safety tips:
- Keep calm; Take a deep breath and collect your thoughts
- Continue driving in a safe manner; Do not suddenly brake or speed away - This could antagonize the suspect
- Immediately dial 911 and drive towards a well-lit and/or heavily populated area, like a shopping center
- Keep your windows rolled up and do not confront the suspect
- Give your location and as much detailed information about the suspect's vehicle to the 911 operator